Why Future Energy East Africa?
- Future Energy East Africa is the most established power event in East Africa with a successful track record of government and industry participation
- The Advisory Board members of influencers help ensure the programme is current, speakers are relevant and the event is a platform for knowledge sharing
- With over 50 speakers from the region’s power industry value chain understand the investment climate, familiarise yourself with the key challenges in each country and align your business strategy accordingly
- The interactive roundtables session gives you a chance for in-depth strategic discussions and knowledge share that can be focused towards need to know information for your individual company and facilitate more effective benchmarking
Pre-Conference - Masterclass Tuesday 28 November 2017
Scaling up private sector investment for renewable energy projects
DAY ONE - Wednesday 29th November 2017
Highlighted topics include:
- Mapping the journeys of the future utility
- What is the vision for the digital utility?
- Inspirational keynote address : Developing East Africa’s future leaders
- Regional generation and T&D development: Are East African countries swinging from under supply to over supply?
- Achieving successful planning and integration
- Debating tariff models fit for East Africa’s power and energy collaboration
DAY TWO - Thursday 30th November 2017
Day 2 of the conference is split into two conference streams:
|East African Power Industry Convention (EAPIC) taking place in Ivory||Future Energy East Africa Track taking place in Bogoria|
|Highlighted topics:||Highlighted topics:|
|What local and international programmes and support can help you achieve your utility growth objectives?||Considerations for developing a cohesive, comprehensive and BANKABLE mini grid business plan|
|The progress of private sector partnerships and investment in East Africa||Developing your mini grid business plan|
|Business planning to improve revenue generation and operational efficiency to reduce losses||How do you harness the potential from mini grids?|
Closing session: Mobile money: Solutions to increase your revenue
- Development cost vs benefits of mobile money
- How is mobile payment transforming the payment of electricity bills and connections?
- Understanding Kenya Power’s payment system
- How can the platform of e-commerce drive developments to create power access?
- Can applications of the Blockchain be implemented?
For more information on the programme, please contact Kelly Easton on +27 21 001 3890 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org